[Paraview-developers] Selective sending of Field data to Paraview VCR based on user request

sumeet kumar sumeet.kumar507 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 02:58:59 EDT 2016

Hello all,

I have a unstructured mesh with many fields like Displacements, velocity,
Stresses, Strains, Material no.. etc either on nodes or on cell. Currently,
I associate all the field data arrays with my unstructured mesh and send it
to ParaView for visualization and it works great..

But, now, since I have many field data and the mesh can be also very large.
Sending all data at once would be very *slow and in-efficient.*

What I want is the following:

   - I want that based on user request I should send attach that field data
   only. For example in the ParaView, if the User selects Displacements to
   Visualize, I should some how know that and only send displacements and
   similarly.
   - Also, I want that the user should be able to see all the different
   field data options I have, so that he can select and ask for as it is done
   normally .
   - I also, want that if the user selects a filter like, *wrap by vector *with
   displacements and chooses to see stress, ParaView should generate requests
   for *displacements and stresses so that I can send them.*

I would be really thankfull, if someone could answer my queries.

Sumeet Kumar Sinha
Graduate Student
Phone: (+1)  <%28%2B91%29%209910516219>5306018271
Website : http://www.sumeetsinha.in/