[Paraview-developers] Line of arrowheads

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Wed Apr 27 10:46:28 EDT 2016

Kevin,

As a quick and dirty way, you can set up some rotations in the Glyph
Transform properties to make the arrows line up with your lines.

A better way involves defining a vector point data array that defines
a 3D orientation, then use this vector array as the Vectors setting in
the Active Attributes section. The orientation at each point should be
the same. You can use a Programmable Filter to compute and add this
array.

HTH,
Cory

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Hallock, Kevin
<Kevin.Hallock at pfizer.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a line object connecting two regions of a brain atlas and would like
> to have several arrowheads or cones running along the line to reflect the
> flow of information between those regions. I have played around with glyphs,
> but cannot find a way to make them parallel to the line’s direction. Is
> there a way to create such a visualization?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin

Cory Quammen
R&D Engineer