[Paraview-developers] Reader for point cloud stored on custom binary file

Favre Jean jfavre at cscs.ch
Mon Apr 25 16:25:28 EDT 2016

Ellon

by default, the representation for vtkPolyData is "Surface". That is why you have an empty screen. Toggle the representation mode to "Points", or better yet, to "Gaussian Points", and your vertices will appear. (U might need to reset the camera)

if you really need cells, you should follow the same reasoning and create a numpy array, which you can give to the vtkPolyData object all at once. I don't have ParaView on my current device to try the exact syntax, but it will be one of the SetCells() call.