[Paraview-developers] Upcoming ParaView releases 5.1 and 5.2

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Thu Apr 14 17:26:15 EDT 2016

Folks,

Following the update from Utkarsh regarding the time frame of the 5.1 and
5.2 releases of ParaView,
I wanted to add some news regarding the Web section of ParaView.

We've been working on replacing our current JavaScript code base that comes
along with ParaView with more modern technologies and capabilities. And for
that we want to remove the current JavaScript code from the ParaView
repository and use dedicated repositories for the different Web pieces.

So the plan is to start that migration *after 5.1* and enable* 5.2 with a
new version of Visualizer* which will still be bundled within our
distributed binaries but the code will be managed and packaged elsewhere.

For those who are eager to follow our progress, you can look at our
repositories on Github:
- ParaViewWeb library: https://github.com/Kitware/paraviewweb
- Visualizer application: https://github.com/Kitware/visualizer

Beware that until the ParaView 5.2 release, the ParaViewWeb/Visualizer
documentation could still have some inconsistencies due to the transition.

Sebastien