[Paraview-developers] Issue for rendering 2 layers superimposed

PULVERAIL, Sebastien sebastien.pulverail at sogeti.com
Fri Sep 25 06:09:01 EDT 2015

Hi there,

I am facing an issue that I don't know how to solve.

I build my own application based on Paraview just to read my simulation files.
A simulation is based on three files :

-          File 1 = list of points + list of cells + extra information,

-          File 2 = something we called extraction points (an extraction point is based on the points of my model but the associated cells are not necessarily the same as the model ones),

-          File 3 = extra point data.

Let's take a very simple example to explain the encountered problem.
The considered model has only four points and a single cell (a quad basically).
The extraction point is a triangle cell using the bottom-left point, so half of the quad is in the extraction point.
As the points are the same in the model and the extraction points, the two cells are superimposed.
If we consider that the model is colored with default color and the extraction point is colored with blue, the rendering won't be as expected : it is kind of hatched rendering.

Click on this link http://imgur.com/7WCxHAz to see a screenshot illustrating the problem on a more complicated example.

Thank you for your help.

Sébastien