[Paraview-developers] [ANN] Gitlab expected downtime today for 8.0 upgrade

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Thu Sep 24 17:15:48 EDT 2015

Hi,

Gitlab (and buildbot) will be down for about 20 minutes to an hour starting
around 5:30 while we upgrade to 8.0.

New features with 8.0 include:

  - new UI design;
  - separate tabs for "closed" and "merged" MRs;
  - all of our existing patches merged (though we need another for some bits
    new features missed);
  - better performance (apparently gitlab used to keep 2 clones per repo; now
    it is only one);
  - added refs for merge requests as refs/merge-requests/:id from the target
    repository; and
  - ability to upload files to issues and merge requests.

We will be working to enable another feature, reply-by-email where you can add
a Gitlab comment by replying to any notification email.

Also, LWN has an article about it in this week's edition:

    http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/658072/2104b1cf923815e4/

Thanks,

--Ben