[Paraview-developers] Home make plugin

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Sep 21 10:39:46 EDT 2015

Felipe,

> For the moment we don't have a license (I have to read the BSD license).

Okay. You should figure this part out sooner rather than later.

> For building the plugin we use :
> boost (because the Xdmf3lib reader use it)
> latex to build the pdf of the documentation and include it in the .so file.
> I added a "save documentation to disk" button in the plugin . (this in not
> mandatory, I can disable this)
> blas (cblas of just blas): we do intensive computation so we really need
> blas. (I have a "no_blas" flag to compile the plugin on android/IOS).

ParaView Superbuild doesn't have "blas". You'll need to extend the
superbuild to teach it how to build & package that as well.

> Now my question is how to handle releases and compilation errors??
> Do I have to put the sources in a github?

Yes, you can create a merge-request on the ParaVIew supbuild gitlab[1]
. We can do builds on all platforms from a MR that you can then use to
track down any build issues that may be introduced as a result of the
changes.

Utkarsh

[1] https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview-superbuild