[Paraview-developers] ParaView 5.0, Mesa 11.0.4, giving OGL version as 3.0

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Thu Nov 12 08:44:29 EST 2015

Mesa supports OpenGL version 4.1 IIRC but I believe Mesa supports multiple
drivers under the hood and it sounds like the currently selected driver for
you is reporting OpenGL 3.0. I’m not sure if that means it really only
supports 3.0 or is just reporting 3.0 for legacy reasons. Looking at
http://mesamatrix.net/ it seems like all the listed drivers support OpenGL
3.2. I would say try the override and see if PV works with it.

Thanks

Ken

Ken Martin PhD

Chairman & CFO

Kitware Inc.

28 Corporate Drive

Clifton Park NY 12065

ken.martin at kitware.com

919 869-8871 (w)

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.