[Paraview-developers] Remote rendering requirement of account privilege?

Di Cheng chengdi at imech.ac.cn
Mon May 4 14:07:47 EDT 2015

Hi, All

I am running a remote pvserver on the Ubuntu server 12.04, when I was using old account, it can be run in remote rendering mode with option: "-display localhost:0". When I login as another user, I cannot. And when I connect it from windows, it pops up a window with some information to tell me I cannot do remote rendering.

I do not know how remote rendering works, but it seems it requires some account privileges. How can I solve this problem? I have compared those two account, new account belongs to more groups. What can I do to deal with this problem? Using sudo?

Di CHENG (Ph.D. candidate)
Supersonic Combustion Group
State Key Laboratory of High Temperature Gas Dynamics
Institute of Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
ADDRESS: No.15 Beisihuanxi Road, Beijing (100190)
P. R. China
E-mail: chengdi at imech.ac.cn
Phone: +86-10-82544053
Fax: +86-10-82544034