[Paraview-developers] How to use paraview filter within another filter

Chiranjib Sur sur.chiranjib at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 08:09:26 EDT 2015

Hi All,

I want to create a source (for example a cube) and embed the transformation
filter into it.

To be more precise, I can create a new instance of cube source by
overloading the vtkCubeSource class and while doing so, I want the
provision to apply the transformation filter (translation, rotation,
scaling) to it.

I can do that in two steps, create the source > then apply the
transformation filter separately.

Is there any way I can embed / use the transformation filter while I create
the source (which appears in the pipeline and the paraview window). In a
nutshell, is there any way to have a filter containing another filter ?

Is there any way  to do this ? Or any available example which I can use to
learn this ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chiranjib