[Paraview-developers] Sending a vector from GUI to Server

RIVERA ROLDAN, Jorge Orlando Orlando.RIVERA at mtu.de
Wed Jun 10 09:09:12 EDT 2015

Dear  Mailing list

I was developing a  reader for   3.98  and  I want to port into 4.3.1. A short description follows:

I use a  vtkSMIntVectorProperty selProp to  store a vector with  1 or 0 (true  or false ) .    This vector  selPro  is l filled when in the GUI  I call the accepted property (Apply in Pipeline Browser:: Properties )  .  This  selPro  is connected to a function ActivateSelVec on the server , that   fills another vector  (vtkIntArray)   selVec.

When  the RequestData is called   selVec  should be already filled with 1s and 0s. (the same values of  selPro  )

In 3.98  RequestData (the whole sequence in fact )  is called twice  when I press Apply,  Don’t know  how ?  but I see it with the  debugger.

The order in which  the functions are called  are:

1st call
SetActivateSelVec   (Server:  fills selVec   – with zeros only since  accepted was not executed -- )
Accepted           (Gui  fills   selPro  with 1 and 0   depending  on the state  of qtree)
RequestData      (Does nothing since  selVec    is  all 0 )

2nd call
SetActivateSelVec   (Server:  fills selVec   – this time  correctly since Accepted was already call in the first call and selPro has correct values  )
Accepted           (Gui  fills   selPro  with 1 and 0   depending  on the state  of qtree , which is the same as the 1st call )
RequestData      (Works  since  selVec    has 1 and 0  from ActivateSelVec    in the second call   )

In 4.3.1   does not work  because  the sequence is called  once !!

1st call
SetActivateSelVec   (Server:  fills selVec   – with zeros only since  accepted was not executed -- )
Accepted           (Gui  fills   selPro  with 1 and 0   depending  on the state  of qtree)
RequestData      (Does nothing since  selVec    is  all 0 )  !!!!

The problem is  that in 4.3.1  This sequence is called only once .

Another  reformulation   of my question will be  : How can I send   values to  RequestData   from the GUI ?

Any  help will be  greatly  appreciated

Regards

Orlando Rivera

PS  My files look like this

--------------------------

pqReader.cxx:

pqReader::pqReader   //GUI constructor
{
this->selPro=vtkSMIntVectorProperty::SafeDownCast(this->proxy()->GetProperty( "ActivateSelVec"  ));
}

-----------------------------
Reader.xml:

<ServerManagerConfiguration>
  <ProxyGroup name="sources">
  ….

      <IntVectorProperty name="ActivateSelVec"
          command="SetActivateSelVec
              number_of_elements="0"
              repeat_command="1"
              number_of_elements_per_command="1"
          use_index="1"
          default_values="0"
              label="ActivateStructure">
      </IntVectorProperty>

</ServerManagerConfiguration>

-----------------

vtkReader.cxx

void vtkReader:: SetActivateSelVe (int idx, int flag);
{
selPro->InsertTuple1(idx,flag);
}

Int vtkReader::RequesData(…)
{
     /*   getData  using  selPro  */
}
--
MTU Aero Engines AG
Vorstand/Board of Management: Reiner Winkler, Vorsitzender/CEO; Dr. Rainer Martens, Michael Schreyoegg

Diese E-Mail sowie ihre Anhaenge enthalten MTU-eigene vertrauliche oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind, informieren Sie bitte den Absender und loeschen Sie diese
E-Mail sowie die Anhaenge. Das unbefugte Speichern, Kopieren oder Weiterleiten ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail and any attached documents are proprietary to MTU, confidential or protected by law.
If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
Any unauthorised storing, copying or distribution is prohibited.