[Paraview-developers] Loading file sequences in reader plugins

Hanqi Guo guohanqi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 15:34:44 EDT 2015

Hi,

I've written a reader plugin, which works fine for loading single files
right now. I would like to further load a sequence and animate them. In the
dataset, each time frame is stored in a separate file, e.g.

  GL3D_Xfieldramp_inter_0000_cop.dat
  GL3D_Xfieldramp_inter_0001_cop.dat
  ..
  GL3D_Xfieldramp_inter_1000_cop.dat

Each file also has the wall time of the simulation. Seems ParaView can
automatically detect the file patterns as
"GL3D_Xfieldramp_inter_.._cop.dat". I notice that there is an "animateable"
option in the plugin configuration. Are there any examples, or what is the
canonical way to load file sequences? Thanks.

Best,
Hanqi Guo

--
Hanqi Guo