[Paraview-developers] Callback not being called when deselecting an item in the GUI of a plugin

Daniel Wilches Maradey dwilches at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 14:05:58 EST 2015

Hello Cory,

At the beginning I was trying with the same XML and function prototype
you told me, with no good results, so I gave up on that way.
But well, as you suggest it I have tried again copying&pasting your
XML and function prototype and putting this implementation:

void vtkVSUIFilter::SetAttributeEnabled(const char * name, int status)
{
   char s[255];
   sprintf(s, "SetAttributeEnabled/2 was invoked %s %d\n", name, status);
   QMessageBox::information(NULL, "MyAction", s);
}

With these changes the problems I'm getting with it are:

* The callback is not being called when only one of my elements is
selected, I have to select two. And when I do so, the callback is
called just for the first element and the status == 0
* I see that for each 2 elements I select a single callback is
invoked, it seems it is ignoring each other selected element.
* Again, deselecting an element is not working, it doesn't generate a callback

My guess is that my function is not being passed the "status" but
instead the second selected element, converting it somehow from char*
to int (it always is 0 after that conversion). But this is just a wild
guess after seeing the consistent behaviour of ignoring the
even-numbered selected elements.

Maybe I'm missing something else?

--
Daniel Wilches