[Paraview-developers] wrapping cmake dependency issue?

Burlen Loring burlen.loring at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 14:01:28 EST 2015

Hi All,

This is in regard to what to me seems like a bug in dependency chain of
the CS and Python wrapping.  Yesterday I was debugging a segv on 4.3.1
build on our Cray and I had to test a different a different OpenGL
build. So I opened up the CMakeCache of my build and changed the one
variable- namely the one specifying the OpenGL library. This should have
resulted in the executables and a few of the libs re-linking, however in
addition all of the CS and Python wrapping was regenerated and those
files recompiled and re linked. As a result what should have been a 5min
tweak took over an hour! I guess that the wrappers are custom
command/targets in CMake and that the dependency is not set correctly.
Am I right? I'm happy to file a bug report if this something that you'd
be willing to fix. ;-)

Burlen