[Paraview-developers] How to force an update of the time information?

anton.piccardo-selg at stfc.ac.uk anton.piccardo-selg at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Feb 25 11:17:10 EST 2015

Hi,

I am currently working on a customization of ParaView (PV 3.98.1) which uses its animation capabilities. Hence I need to set TIME_STEPS in the  requestInformation method of my source plugin. It works quite nicely in fact.

An issue occurs, when I create a second instance of the same type of source. The second source has different time information compared to the original source. I would like to use this second time information. But it seems that the time information is not updated when the requestInformation method is called for the new  source. In the requestData method I retrieve the time information via

time =outInfo->Get(vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::UPDATE_TIME_STEP());

This returns the old time information. How can I enforce an update in ParaView? I believe something similar was discussed in:  http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview/2010-November/019492.html. But unfortunately the answer seems to be cut off.

Any ideas or help is very much appreciated.

Many thanks and best regards,

Anton