[Paraview-developers] Plugin crashes if source filter is not applied

redkite redkite at virgin.net
Wed Feb 11 19:03:27 EST 2015

Hi,

One function of my plugin operates on some point data on the surface of
my model to create a new filter. This works well enough if the user
selects points, uses the 'Extract Selection Filter' and remembers to
click Apply.

I can check if the active source filter is an 'ExtractSelection' easily
enough by name, which is some help, but if the user has not clicked
apply, ParaView likes to crash out (PV 4.1 on Windows 7 does anyway).
Auto-apply is better avoided, especially for large models.

Is there a way to check to check if the source data has (or has not)
been extracted and applied?

I've tried using UpdateVTKObjects() etc to force the apply, but no joy...

regards,
Richard