[Paraview-developers] Windows builds

Shawn Waldon shawn.waldon at kitware.com
Thu Dec 17 15:21:59 EST 2015

Alan,

Edit: I see Dave has responded already.  If you are going to build Qt
yourself this might be helpful (this is the easiest way to build Qt for use
with ParaView that I know of):

I typically use the Qt from the ParaView superbuild.  Ben is working on a
redesign of the ParaView superbuild right now to factor out many common
dependencies [1].  His repository contains a recipe for building a
ParaView-compatible Qt.  Clone the repository and point CMake's source
directory at the standalone-qt subdirectory, not the root of the
repository.  Turn on ENABLE_qt4 or ENABLE_qt5 (depending on which you want
to build) and set the location to install Qt, and you will get a build
directory that will build and install Qt for you.

HTH,
Shawn

[1]: https://gitlab.kitware.com/ben.boeckel/common-superbuild