[Paraview-developers] How to get active session from a plugin ?

houssen houssen at ipgp.fr
Thu Aug 6 04:50:46 EDT 2015

Hello,

In ParaView, from an exporter plugin, how can I get the active session
? (= session associated to the plugin in order later on to scan over
vtkSMProxy)

Following some code samples found in
/ParaViewCore/ClientServerCore/Rendering, I tried to do :
vtkProcessModule * pProcMgr = vtkProcessModule::GetProcessModule ();
vtkSMSession * pSession = ( pProcMgr ) ? vtkSMSession::SafeDownCast (
pProcMgr -> GetActiveSession () ) : NULL;
I get pProcMgr != NULL but pSession = NULL

Franck

PS : I run Ubuntu-14.04 and use ParaView-4.3.1 (built from source).