[Paraview-developers] using File>Open dialogue in custom filter

Chiranjib Sur sur.chiranjib at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 06:27:25 EDT 2015

Hi,
I am trying to write my own filter (C++) and want to deal with reading an
existing file. I intend implement  a functionality where file selection
will results into popping up a window like when one does, File->Open action.

In the following screen capture, I want to implement that functionality so
that when one clicks mouse inside the text box, File->Open windows will
popup and the user can select the file he/she wants. (The alternative is to
provide the file name by typing which is error prone and I want to avoid
that)

[image: Inline image 1]

After reading various posts from the previous mailing threads and the other
documentation, I narrowed down my idea to use the class pqFileDialog. Is
this the right choice or are there some alternatives? Are there any place
where, I can read and learn about usage of this class ?

Google search points me towards solutions in pure Qt which looks like :

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14372012/qt-standard-dialogs-example-open-file

Any suggestions from the experts?

Thanks,
Chiranjib