[Paraview-developers] Necessity for RequestDataObject in custom reader plugin

Schlottke, Michael M.Schlottke at aia.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Apr 17 04:19:24 EDT 2015

Hi folks,

Can somebody help me understand the purpose of the RequestDataObject() for a reader plugin? I see this method pop up now and then (typically in generic examples on how to create custom sources), but most of the readers in the Plugins/ directory do not seem to  use it. Is there a simple definition I can use to decide if and how to implement it?

Regards,

Michael

P.S.: I’m working on two readers of vtkUnstructuredGridAlgorithm and vtkMultiBlockDataSetAlgorithm type.