[Paraview-developers] [vtk-developers] Ghost and Blanking (Visibility) Changes

Joachim Pouderoux joachim.pouderoux at kitware.com
Tue Apr 14 09:26:53 EDT 2015

Thanks, this is good to now.
Question: the new architecture does not provide information about ghost
level anymore. Is this information useless in general and was never used by
any vtk filter?

Beside that , the change of VTK XML file version induced by this change can
be a problem:
I use to generate PVTP/PTVU files on a project I generally link with the
latest VTK. I use to visualize the obtained dataset with ParaView. However,
since this change, I am not able to open any of those VTK XML files with PV
<=4.3.1. To do so I have to manually edit the files and reverse the version
tag from 2 to 1... My dataset have no blanking or ghost cells, thus may be
one could only specify version 2 in the data writer if the data
*really *contains
information that a previous version of the reader could not read?

Best,
Joachim

*Joachim Pouderoux*

*PhD, Technical Expert*