[Paraview-developers] How to find the selected object?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Sep 29 09:00:42 EDT 2014

Depends on what you mean by "selection". If you're referring to the
selection in the Pipeline browser i.e. the "active" source, then use
pqActiveObjects [1]. If you're looking for selection by
clicking/selecting in the render view, pqSelectionManager [2]. [1]
Would often suffice for [2] too depending on what you're looking for
to do once you've determined what was selected since selecting in
render view, also makes the source active.

Utkarsh

[1] http://www.paraview.org/ParaView3/Doc/Nightly/www/cxx-doc/classpqActiveObjects.html
[2] http://www.paraview.org/ParaView3/Doc/Nightly/www/cxx-doc/classpqSelectionManager.html