[Paraview-developers] Read Image Sequence (not as time series)

Frank tt frank.tt at einseinself.org
Tue Sep 2 03:28:19 EDT 2014

Hi,

I'm Frank and new in developing ParaView.
My Setting is a client and a server. The server is image processing and
data server.
I have a huge stack of NIfTI files (*.nii). Every file is a slice of a
volume (similar to DICOM).
When I try to load a group of NIfTI files, every file will be loaded as
one data set.

Well, I want to write a file reader plugin, where I all selected files
(in alpha-num order) will be loaded as one volume.
I did a look at the example plugins and the paraview file reader
plugins.

I've read in the paraview mailing list archive [1] and I think the
"FileSeriesReaderProxy" tag in the ServerManager xml won't work for me.
I also know about the ITK solution [2] to convert the data first. I
think this won't work in my setup, because I have limited compiling
possibilities on the server (where the data is.)

I stuck to get started. Maybe someone can help me.

Greetings

Frank

[1] http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2009-January/010621.html
[2] http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/IO/VolumeFromSlices