[Paraview-developers] Using vtkImageMarchingCubes as multithread process gives wrong output

Frank tt frank.tt at einseinself.org
Wed Oct 22 09:40:11 EDT 2014

Hi,

I wrote a PV plugin based on vtkImageMarchingCubes.h. At my local
machine it's working fine. But at the server, when running with mpiexec
I get some wrong output of the createt surface. (See attachments)

Now I'm not sure if this depends on the vtkImageMarchingCubes.h or at
mpiexec.

I'm using at server:
* cuda-5.5
* gcc-4.7.1
* mesa-7.11.2 (selfbuild, like the superbuild)
* openmpi-1.8.1 (selfbuild)
* paraview-4.1.0 (selfbuild)

Has anybody any idea what I did wrong or what I can do?

I have the option to use the servers mpi installation
(parastation/gcc-mt-5.0.29). This is what I'm actually doing (I'm
waiting for the next proc slot a the server).

Greetings

Frank