[Paraview-developers] Gradient background in settings

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Thu Jun 26 10:48:55 EDT 2014

Mathieu,

The settings exposed in the global settings define colors used in the
current color palette. The palette does not presently have a second
background color for the gradient background in Render Views. I don't think
we plan to add that to the palette settings

Instead, the gradient settings are available in the View settings which is
now in the Properties panel. Coming soon to master, you will be able to
save the current view settings - including the gradient colors - so that
they will be used when creating new Render Views. In that way, you'll be
able to set the "global" gradient properties.

I need to write a blog post on this, but it's pretty straightforward to do.
You just click on the little disk icon to the right of the View button in
the Properties panel to save the current view settings. If you are curious,
you can check out the branch 14790_save_restore_settings_buttons on stage
to see this feature.

Thanks,
Cory