[Paraview-developers] custom object panel with additional information

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Thu Jan 23 09:20:51 EST 2014

Hi Gerald,

In your XML definition of your proxy you need to specify "an information"
property. Like follow:

      <IntVectorPropery command="GetLevelRange"
                        default_values="0 0"
                        information_only="1"
                        name="LevelRange"
                        number_of_elements="2">
       </IntVectorPropery>

Then on the client side in order to get the value back, you will need to do
something like that.
The code is based on memory not on actual real C++ code, but that should be
enough to help you out.

proxy->UpdatePropertyInformation();
prop = vtkSMPropertyHelper(proxy, "LevelRange");
cout << prop.GetValue() << endl;

Seb