[Paraview-developers] Problem with transform filter in PV 4.0.1 mac

Joshua Murphy Joshua.Murphy at lasp.colorado.edu
Mon Jan 13 17:34:15 EST 2014

Hello All,

I am trying to validate a coordinate transform filter I am working on, but before I even got to dealing with my filter, I appear to be having a problem with the built in paraview transform filter.

Here is a link to a video that shows the behavior issue I am experiencing.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r17s572a76w8afa/rotation%20problem.avi

The video shows the following:
DataSet: Enlil Heliospheric Model (utilizing my own reader) (I am using the magnetic field vector for the following traces)
Red Line: Un-Transformed data set: magnetic field line trace through Earth
Blue Line: Transformed data set (rotated 180degrees around the z axis): Magnetic Field line through Earth.

What I am trying to figure out is this:

Is there something wrong with the ParaView transform filter? Or did I screw something up my reader that is making the transform filter not work correctly?

Can someone familiar with how the transform filter works provide some input on what might be going on?

Thanks,
Josh

[cid:F0D39A2C-2790-4B5B-ABAE-253F60D4FCB6]
Joshua J. Murphy
Computer Scientist
Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics
University of Colorado, Boulder