[Paraview-developers] paraview latest "pythonview" usage

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Wed Feb 26 08:29:26 EST 2014

> If we have a separate .py script that has gui, can I embed that script in
> ParaView pythonView?

This isn't explicitly supported, but it may work. I would suggest
trying it and seeing what happens, but I wouldn't be surprised if it
doesn't work as you want it to. You will need to modify your script to
define the functions "setup_data" and "render" as described in the
blog post.

> How can we run a python script and view it in pythonview?

As the blog post shows, the Python View has a script text field where
you enter a Python script that at a minimum defines the functions I
mentioned above. The assumption is that your script will include
plotting commands for matplotlib. The plots generated will then appear
directly in ParaView.

Hope that helps,
Cory