[Paraview-developers] Another Restore State problem

Joshua Murphy Joshua.Murphy at lasp.colorado.edu
Mon Feb 10 20:28:31 EST 2014

Hi Utkarsh,

I am having yet another restore state problem.

My Filter relies on the time range of the input data, and this information
is called by the properties panel.

The problem I am running into is this:

When restoring state, it is very likely that the input data will be
changed to a different model run, which will have a different date/time
range.  I pass this information around Pv as the TimeStep (a double
representing this Modified Julian Date).  This works great until I try to
restore the state.

It appears that the filter is restored before the input data is made
available.  When restoring state, the available time step range is 0/0,
thus providing me with an incorrect date/time.

I can pass the last saved date/time back to the filter from the Properties
Panel, however if a dataset with a different date/time range is loaded
(very, very likely), then the encoded date/time is incorrect, and will
cause the filter to download the wrong information.

The flow of information looks something like this:

Properties panel    <------ start/stop timestep ------ Filter

Information selected (to get from internet)

Filter

As noted above, when the state restores, and the Properties Panel calls
the Filter for the date/time range, it is given start/end of 0/0.

If I manually check the Information Object upon restore, I still get
start/stop of 0/0.

Is there a quirk in the restore state that prevents getting the time step
information from the input data?  Is there a way to get the information
when my code detects a state restore?

Thanks,
Josh