[Paraview-developers] Markdown pages in doxygen generated ParaView documentation

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Dec 1 10:30:54 EST 2014

Folks,

Over the weekend I pushed changes to ParaView (and the machine that we use
to generate the nightly documentation) to add support for Markdown [4]. Now
developers can add design documentation, etc. in the ParaView repository
itself! You can also use markdown in code blocks.

The index page[1] is also generated using .md file (as mentioned in the
"Developer notes" section).

Also, at long last, I've added a page[2] where we can track major
API/design changes between versions. This should make it easier for
developers maintaining applications/plugins.

Since all this is part of the source code repo, developers should ensure
that these pages are kept up-to-date as they change APIs/design aspects.

As a reminder, we started tracking Python API changes since 4.2 already.
Those can be found here [3].

Utkarsh

[1] http://www.paraview.org/ParaView3/Doc/Nightly/www/cxx-doc/index.html
[2]