[Paraview-developers] How to read time data in custom reader plugin

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Aug 28 11:05:04 EDT 2014

What you can do is make your internal reader which is used to read a
timestep put out a correct value for
vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::TIME_STEPS()/TIME_RANGE() keys in
the outInfo in its RequestInformation(). The vtkFileSeriesReader
iterates over all files in the series to gather that information is
possible ( see  vtkFileSeriesReader::RequestInformation).

Utkarsh