[Paraview-developers] Trying to compile a GUI plugin

Panos Asproulis panos.asproulis at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 12:54:50 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I am trying to create a GUI plugin and for that purpose I am looking at
the SourceToolbar example in the Examples subdirectory. This compiles
fine when using the CMake system with the Examples Build option enabled.

I then copied the SourceToolbar folder to the Plugins folder of ParaView
and added the following plugin.cmake file:

pv_plugin(SourceToolbar
   DESCRIPTION "Testing plugin"
   DEFAULT_ENABLED)

I did the CMake configuration step, which reported that it was also
going to build the "SourceToolbar" plugin:

Plugin: SourceToolbar - Testing plugin : Enabled

I then generated the Makefiles and started the build. I get the
following error message:

/home/panos/Development/ParaView/ParaView-v4.1.0-bin/Plugins/SourceToolbar/SourceToolbarActionsImplementation.h:46:
Error: Undefined interface
make[2]: ***
[Plugins/SourceToolbar/moc_SourceToolbarActionsImplementation.cxx] Error 1

Why would the same code compiles correctly when in the Examples
directory and fails when in the Plugins directory?