[Paraview-developers] OSX Kit and my plugins

Reuter, Michael A. reuterma at ornl.gov
Mon Apr 21 16:03:14 EDT 2014

Hi,

I’m trying to use my plugins with ParaView 4.1.0 on OSX Mavericks and I’m running into an issue. I can start and run ParaView fine on its own. However, when I try to use my plugins, I get complaints about ParaView shared libraries not being found. OK, so I add the paraview.app/Contents/Libraries directory to my DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, run and get the following error:

dyld: Symbol not found: __cg_png_create_info_struct
  Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO
  Expected in: /Applications/paraview.app/Contents/Libraries/libPng.dylib
 in /System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO

I’ve tried both ParaView kits for OSX and I get the same problem. Is there something I can do to get around this?

Dr. Michael Reuter
Scientific Data Analysis Group
Neutron Data Analysis and Visualization Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory

Office: 1-865-241-7216
Fax: 1-865-574-6080
Email: reuterma at ornl.gov<mailto:reuterma at ornl.gov>