[Paraview-developers] Get data from server to client (helper?)

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Sep 24 14:17:43 EDT 2013

> Would there be improved efficiency doing it that way using ClientServerMoveData?

I don't think so. I just different ways for doing the same thing. You
might infact get better performance by using the information object
since you can control what is serialized, with the
ClientServerMoveData route, since the code is for any arbitrary data,
it will transfer more meta-data, possibly. Also then the pipline and
extents can be confusing too. So I'd recommend the vtkPVInformation
route.