[Paraview-developers] python in windows build

Burlen Loring burlen.loring at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 07:47:45 EDT 2013

Looking into new ctest failures I noticed that only on Windows builds
python modules are split into to locations

1) builddir/bin/site-packages  -- paraview
2) builddir/lib/site-packages -- vtk,etc

and the python paths are being set to target location 1) only. This
leaves pvpython partially working when run from the build. eg. "import
vtk" fails.

I took a stab at fixing this, moved the paraview module and update the
python paths so that everything ends up with the vtk module in location
2).  Would someone more familiar with pvpython than I, which is probably
pretty much everyone reading this list, be willing to review?
http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/12757/

Thanks
Burlen