[Paraview-developers] Midi controler and ParaView

Felipe Bordeu felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr
Fri Sep 20 05:23:52 EDT 2013

Utkarsh,

No, I coded the plugin from scratch (not really, alot of inspiration
come from the ParaView sources.).

The plugin is very simple, a class to catch notes from ALSA (MIDI
infrastruture in linux) with a simple interface. And the actual dock to
sync my C++ class (state of the controler) with Paraview .

This is the structure of the project.

├── MidiDriver
│ ├── CMakeLists.txt
│ ├── data.cpp
│ ├── data.h
│ ├── iControlsDriver.cpp
│ └── iControlsDriver.h
└── ParaViewPlugin
├── CMakeLists.txt
├── pqMidiControl.cxx
├── pqMidiControl.h
└── pqMidiControl.ui

I never thought of using the VRPlugin. I don't know how it works.
Of course this is just a prototype and work only with my device (iCon
iControllerPro).

Felipe

Le 19/09/2013 20:55, Utkarsh Ayachit a écrit :
> That is pretty neat! Is it using the VRPlugin infrastructure?
>
> Utkarsh
>
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Felipe Bordeu
> <felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I just finish coding a pluing to control the filters using a Midi Controller
>> (only for linux of course).
>>
>> enjoy the video.
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwARo_dNOzk&feature=youtu.be
>>
>> Felipe