[Paraview-developers] PointSprite plugin

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Oct 21 11:09:11 EDT 2013

John (and other users/developers of the PointSprite plugin),

I was trying to address up some of the issues with the point sprites
and I see a potential for cleanup and hence I wanted to get your
thoughts:

+ What are vtk1DTransferFunction and its subclasses needed? Can't we
simply use vtkPiecewiseFunction?

+ Can we replace the VisIt transfer function editor UI used for
editing the opacity and radius transfer functions to be similar to
what the color map editor panel uses for opacity transfer function? If
we do this, will there be any essential functionality that will be
missed?