[Paraview-developers] Data prober using NIGHTLY build not working

kyr akyrieleis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 05:55:58 EST 2013

Hi,

I am using Paraview-Linux-64bit-glibc-2.3.6-NIGHTLY and
JettySesionManager-Server1.0. I have modified the Jetty config file to:

# Process command: data_prober.py      | data_prober
# ==================================================
pw.data_prober.cmd=./bin/pvpython
lib/paraview-4.0/site-packages/paraview/web/pv_web_data_prober.py --data-dir
. --port PORT --authKey SECRET
pw.data_prober.cmd.run.dir=/var/www/html/../Paraview
pw.data_prober.cmd.map=PORT:getPort|SECRET:secret

# ==================================================
# Process command: file_loader.py      | loader
# ==================================================
pw.loader.cmd=./bin/pvpython
lib/paraview-4.0/site-packages/paraview/web/pv_web_file_loader.py --data-dir
. --port PORT --authKey SECRET
pw.loader.cmd.run.dir=/var/www/html/../Paraview
pw.loader.cmd.map=PORT:getPort|SECRET:secret

Opening the DataProber I get the window that should show the file choice
dialogue saying 'Connecting..'. But it never reaches the actual file
dialogue. The rendering window pops up though. I realised that in the
nightly version there is no pipline_manager.py anymore. How is it replaced
in the nightly version? How can I get the dataprober working with the
nightly version ?

Many thanks

k.