[Paraview-developers] [EXTERNAL] Re: Color Scale Editor Design

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Mon Jul 15 12:25:34 EDT 2013

Excellent.  We're keeping you!

Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Utkarsh Ayachit [mailto:utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com]
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 8:41 AM
To: Scott, W Alan
Cc: burlen; ParaView Developers
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Paraview-developers] Color Scale Editor Design

Alan,

> As a side thought, we already have the color widget and opacity widget combined when in volume rendering mode.  Just re-use that.  It is a wonderfully powerful tool.

We have separate widgets for volume rendering too, currently. I think you're remembering the old version when we had the color and opacity functions combined.

> Be sure to test with Volume Rendering - if that gets broken, ParaView will be unusable for numerous of my users.

Will do.

> I assume that your reply to 2) below has a typo - mirror scale "Should NOT be too hard to add"?  I would also really like this functionality added.  By the way, this is in VisIt, called Invert Colormap.  Also, this is bug/ feature request 13651.

Yes :). That's what I meant. It should be easy to add.

I'll look at the rest of the bugs. We can address some incrementally (e.g. add support for different base).