[Paraview-developers] GUI not updating for OpenFOAM reader in v4.0.1

Paul Edwards paul.m.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 05:17:40 EDT 2013

Utkarsh,

Any decomposed OpenFOAM case where the mesh has been generated with
the hex mesher will be able to reproduce this.  I have sent you a link
to motorBike example from OpenFOAM which I have decomposed and meshed
in case you do not have any examples to hand.  Here are the steps to
reproduce:

* Open the motorBike.foam in ParaView
* Set "Case Type" to "Decomposed Case"
[ Now you will be able to see 6 items in "Mesh Regions" but these are
not the surfaces on the motorBike ]
* Click "Apply"
[ Previously you would now see all the motorBike surfaces in addition
to the original ones in the "Mesh Regions" ]

To make all the surfaces appear, go to the Python Shell and type:

    s = GetActiveSource
    s.MeshRegions = []

Thanks,
Paul