[Paraview-developers] GUI not updating for OpenFOAM reader in v4.0.1

Paul Edwards paul.m.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 13:51:57 EDT 2013

Hi,

In the latest version of ParaView I do not see all the patches for a
decomposed OpenFOAM solution.  This used to work in previous versions
although I am not sure why it used to get called - I can't see any
obvious changes to the OpenFOAM reader.  Has anything changed with the
way the ArraySelectionDomains work?:

      <StringVectorProperty information_only="1"
                            name="PatchArrayInfo">
        <ArraySelectionInformationHelper attribute_name="Patch" />
      </StringVectorProperty>
      <StringVectorProperty animateable="0"
                            command="SetPatchArrayStatus"
                            element_types="2 0"
                            information_property="PatchArrayInfo"
                            name="MeshRegions"
                            number_of_elements="0"
                            number_of_elements_per_command="2"
                            repeat_command="1">
        <ArraySelectionDomain name="array_list">
          <RequiredProperties>
            <Property function="ArrayList"
                      name="PatchArrayInfo" />
          </RequiredProperties>
        </ArraySelectionDomain>
      </StringVectorProperty>

A workaround for the moment is to use the python shell - I can see the
properties by doing:

    s = GetActiveSource()
    s.GetProperty('PatchArrayInfo')

And, I can even get the GUI to update with:

    s.MeshRegions = []

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks,
Paul