[Paraview-developers] Strategy classes

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed Jul 3 16:27:58 EDT 2013

I've got an old plugin which creates a fancy volume representation and it hasn't been used since about 2010-2011 ish.

I'd like to get this working again, but I see that all the RepresentationStrategy classes have gone and I had a code which does ...

bool vtkSMVolumeSliceRenderRepresentationProxy::InitializeStrategy(vtkSMViewProxy* view)
{
  vtkSmartPointer<vtkSMRepresentationStrategy> strategy;
  strategy.TakeReference(view->NewStrategy(VTK_UNIFORM_GRID));
  strategy->SetEnableLOD(true);
  this->Connect(strategy->GetLODOutput(), this->LODVolumeSlicePreprocessor);

Stuff like that. With a load of LOD pipeline setup and some custom filters in place.

Did the code that setup strategies for delivering geometry to the mappers(painters) just move into the DataRepresentations, or are there some other classes I should be looking at. The code I'm going through (although written by me) is quite old and I've forgotten most of what I did.

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                        email:biddisco @.at.@ cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/