[Paraview-developers] [Paraview] ANN: ParaView 4.0.1 is available for download

Paul Melis paul.melis at surfsara.nl
Tue Jul 2 05:07:57 EDT 2013

Hi Utkarsh,

Looks like some nice new stuff in there!

I tried to build 4.0.1 on Debian 7.1, against Qt 4.8.2 with the Intel
C/C++ compiler and hit on the following compile error:

[ 88%] Built target pqApplicationComponents
[ 88%] Generating moc_FilteredPipelineBrowserApp.cxx
[ 88%] Building CXX object
Qt/Components/Testing/Cxx/CMakeFiles/pqPipelineApp.dir/FilteredPipelineBrowserApp.cxx.o
[ 88%] Building CXX object
Qt/Components/Testing/Cxx/CMakeFiles/pqPipelineApp.dir/moc_FilteredPipelineBrowserApp.cxx.o
Linking CXX executable ../../../../bin/pqPipelineApp
../../../../lib/libvtkpqComponents-pv4.0.so.1: undefined reference to
`QList<vtkColorTransferControlPointsItem*>
pqTransferFunctionChartViewWidget::plots<vtkColorTransferControlPointsItem>()
const'
../../../../lib/libvtkpqComponents-pv4.0.so.1: undefined reference to
`QList<vtkCompositeControlPointsItem*>
pqTransferFunctionChartViewWidget::plots<vtkCompositeControlPointsItem>() const'
make[2]: *** [bin/pqPipelineApp] Error 1
make[1]: ***
[Qt/Components/Testing/Cxx/CMakeFiles/pqPipelineApp.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

This is with the following cmake configuration

cmake \
     -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=/sara/sw/openmpi/intel/1.6.3/bin/mpicc \
     -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=/sara/sw/openmpi/intel/1.6.3/bin/mpicxx \
     -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/sara/sw/paraview/4.0.1 \
     -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
     -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_QT_GUI=ON \
     -DPARAVIEW_USE_MPI=ON \
     -DPARAVIEW_ENABLE_PYTHON=ON \
     -DPARAVIEW_ENABLE_FFMPEG=ON \
     -DVTK_MPIRUN_EXE:FILEPATH=/sara/sw/openmpi/intel/1.6.3/bin/mpirun \
     -DPARAVIEW_INSTALL_DEVELOPMENT_FILES=ON \

-DINTEL_XMMINTRIN=/sara/sw/intel/composer_xe_2013.2.146/compiler/include/xmmintrin.h
\
     ../ParaView-v4.0.1-source

Any clue what's wrong?

Regards,