[Paraview-developers] [EXTERNAL] Re: problems with >64 pvservers

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Tue Feb 12 12:59:54 EST 2013

One other idea - There is a known hang in ParaView (fixed in 3.98.1, and master about 1.5 weeks ago) remote server, where a threshold is exceeded.  This was in the code for the Progress Bar, bottom of ParaView.  This limit had been at over 1024 processes, but was reduced to  64 processes, as we were trying to fix other issues.   To test, either update, or reduce your pvserver count to under 64 (doing this from memory!).  See this bug group for details: http://paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=13839 (the child of interest) and http://paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=13831 (parent bug).

With regards to 3.98.1, and current master, as stated by Utkarsh, I tested at 256 cores/processes/pvservers, and went to scale with Wavelet.  Worked like a champ.

Alan