[Paraview-developers] Missing vtkTemporalDataSet class in ParaView 3.98.0

Sunrise helios.corona at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 17:56:27 EST 2013

Hi again,

Regarding the recent changes in UPDATE_TIME_STEP(S) key and replacement
for vtkTemporalDataSet, I have two questions:

 1. In vtkMultiblockDataSet, what is the difference between
    GetChild(index) and GetBlock(index)?
    I will probably use iterators anyway, but both these methods seems
    the same. Right?
    Are indices in both methods the same? Do they both use flat_index in
    data tree?

 2. So, I changed all UPDATE_TIME_STEPS() key to UPDATE_TIME_STEP().
    Here is the problem now:
    The old key (UPDATE_TIME_STEPS) is a vtkInformationDoubleVectorKey,
    while the new key (UPDATE_TIME_STEP) is vtkInformationDoubleKey,
    which only holds one time step (a number). Whereas, I need a vector
    of numbers, each of which represents time step of it's corresponding
    dataset (each individual leaf in blockdataset). I will send this key
    over the pipeline with BlockDataSet, so the downstream filter(s)
    knows the input block dataset contains what time frames. How should
    I use "vector" time data with vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.