[Paraview-developers] Plugins with hpp extension headers crash ParaView

Siavash Ameli sameli at hawk.iit.edu
Fri Feb 1 16:04:59 EST 2013

Hello everyone,

I am writing some custom filters for ParaView. I have noticed that if I
save header file of a plugin's class with "*.hpp" extension, then
ParaView crashes immediately after loading plugin's dynamic library
file. However, by using "*.h" extension they load and work fine as
expected. I tested this issue on ParaView v. 3.12, 3.14 and 3.98 on Linux.

Is it a bug?

 -Siavash

Siavash Ameli
Ph.D student at Mechanical and Aerospace Eng. Dept.
Illinois Institute Of Technology
10 West 32nd St. E-1, Suite 130H
Chicago IL 60616
Phone: (312) 567-3555