[Paraview-developers] Passing pointer through pipeline

Lucas Mynsberge lmynsberge at wisc.edu
Thu Dec 5 12:06:00 EST 2013

Hello:

I'm wondering if there's a good way to pass a pointer through the ParaView pipeline? I have a reader that reads in a dataset and converts it to VTK MultiBlockDataSet. I want to send this MultiBlockDataSet along with the native dataset, so I can operate on both in filters, and ultimately write both the VTK and the native format at the end. I was wondering if there's some kind of SMProperty that could do this? I tried to write a vtk<Native>Database class and a vtk<Native>DatabaseAlgorithm class, and then send that as vtkInformation through the pipeline. But once I get the information in a filter, I have to create a new vtk<Native>Database, which creates a new instance of my native dataset rather than maintaining the old one. Is this the right way and I'm doing something wrong? Or is it something entirely different?\

Thanks,
Luke