[Paraview-developers] Deprecating old-panels from ParaView

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Wed Aug 14 13:28:24 EDT 2013

I meant removing, more than deprecating. The rough list of classes
would include:

* pqProxyPanel and subclasses (including pqObjectPanel,
pqAutoGeneratedObjectPanel)
(http://www.paraview.org/ParaView3/Doc/Nightly/www/cxx-doc/classpqObjectPanel.html)
* pqSMAdaptor

If plugins used old panels, they'd fail to build since they would more
likely than not depend on one of these removed classes. I fear that as
time progresses, these classes would decay since they are not actively
used in ParaView and plugins would start failing in unexpected ways.

Utkarsh