[Paraview-developers] multiple xml tests combined into one

burlen burlen.loring at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 22:29:40 EDT 2013

Hi Dave,

That sounds like a very reasonable thing to do, and it must not be the
culprit here.

I'm working on  patch that adds some glGetError checks in VTK, if an
error is detected I'd like to call vtkErrorMacro. On a Mac OSX 10.8.3
ATI system, in a handful of places ParaView triggers a render into an
"invalid drawable". All subsequent Open GL calls made on the invalid
drawable fail with open gl reporting "invalid framebuffer operation".
The following bug report is illustrative and show how to reproduce the
issue on recent master http://paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=13947.

If you don't check for open gl errors, as I do in my new work, it's not
too big of an issue since the drawable eventually becomes valid and
things eventually get rendered correctly. however with the new error
checking a whole bunch of error reports are issued when ever an invalid
drawable is used. I've been able to clean most of these up, but a couple
remain pv.TabbedViews and
pv.LoadPlugins.LoadSaveStateAnimation.LoadState. The latter renders into
an invalid drawable in between LoadSaveAnnimationState and LoadState.
LoadSaveAnnimationState, and LoadState don't seem to have any issues
when run on their own which is why I started to wonder about the merging
of the tests. I haven't been able to reproduce the issue from these last
two test failures outside of the test driver.

thanks for setting me straight on the merging of tests

Burlen