[Paraview-developers] My custom filter doesn't do animation

Joe Ping-Lin Hsiao phsiao at cs.unc.edu
Tue Sep 11 13:39:28 EDT 2012

I have a Gaussian blur filter which uses the ITK Gaussian class
internally. It works fine with non-temporal input images. The problem
happens If I apply the filter to a time-varying input, it would
prevent the animation from playing, as if the data is static, and this
won't happen if I apply a ParaView's built-in filter.

I compared my filter with vtkImageMedian3D.cxx, which is the Median
filter coming with ParaView, but didn't have any clue.
Do I miss something in my filter?

The source code is long, but I could attach them if that's helpful.

Thanks,
Joe